Working Holiday program with Hong Kong

As of 1 January 2019, nationals from Hong Kong who are between 18 and 30 years can make use of the Working Holiday Program (WHP). The residence permit can be obtained for a maximum of 1 year. Applicants may follow a temporary study and perform incidental paid working activities to be able to finance part of their stay here in the Netherlands without a work permit.

Temporary working activities mean that Hong Kong nationals may work for maximum 12 consecutive weeks at the same employer. After the 12 weeks are over, the applicant may again work for a consecutive period of 12 weeks with a different employer in the Netherlands.

A maximum of 100 nationals from Hong Kong are able to take part in the WHP. Applications need to be submitted through the Dutch Consulate General in Hong Kong.

Expat Management Group gladly provides you with further information in case needed.

Can we help you?

Contact us at the nearest Expat Management Group office or submit a contactform.

This website uses cookies and asks your personal data to enhance your browsing experience. We are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring your data is handled in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).