Immigration UpdatesThe Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus
On February 01, 2023, mutual recognition of visas came into force as stated in the Federal Law on Ratification, an agreement concluded between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus.
The entry into force of the agreement is due to the completion of a number of domestic procedures both in the Russian Federation and on the part of the Republic of Belarus. Read more about what this means below.
- 22 February 2023
- Posted by: beheerder
- Category: Insights
Mutual recognition of visas:
- Foreign citizens who have received a visa of any type to enter the Russian Federation will also be able to enter and stay on the basis of this visa (during the validity period of the visa) not only in the Russian Federation, but also on the territory of the Republic of Belarus.
- Foreign citizens entering the Russian Federation on a visa-free basis will also be able to enter the territory of the Republic of Belarus on a visa-free basis. At the same time, the period of stay is determined either by an international agreement or by the legislation of the сountry where the foreign citizen is located (i.e., the legislation of either the Republic of Belarus or the Russian Federation).
- Foreign citizens who have a residence permit, a temporary residence permit or a permit to attend an international event in the Russian Federation can also enter the Republic of Belarus using these documents and stay on the territory of the Republic of Belarus.
- Foreign citizen has the right to work, study, and reside only on the territory of the сountry that issued him the relevant migration document.
- Foreign citizens and stateless persons are required to register (register address of their stay) within the time limits and in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of the сountry where they reside.